Treumann-Webb-Phelps American Legion Post 6

Early Programs and Community Activities

 

     In 1960, a program was begun between Post 6 and Branch 141 of the Canadian Legion in which American Civil Air Patrol Cadets and Canadian Air Cadets were shown Air Base Training Facilities in both countries.   The Legion Club’s meeting room was used to house the Legion’s Blood Donor Program.  Various scholarships were provided by the Post to participate and assist the Legion’s “Need a Lift Program”.   Post 6 participated annually in the ROTC Ceremony at the University of North Dakota. 

     Post 6 regularly sponsored several delegates to Boys State and Girls State.  Because of the income generated by the Legion Club, the Post was able to contribute thousands of dollars to worthy charities including:  Blind Children’s Fund, St. Anne’s Guest Home, Listen Center, and the Valley Memorial Home.  Post 6 started an American Legion baseball program in 1928. 

 

 

ND DEPARTMENT COMMANDER JOE E. RABINOVICH (1931-1932)

MEMBER, AMERICANISM COMMISSION (1934-1942)

SUPERVISOR, SONS OF THE AMERICAN LEGION (SAL) (1942- TBD)

FROM GRAND FORKS, ND; AMERICAN LEGION POST 6 (1919 - TBD)

 

 

<< Previous Page